Tuesday, April 29, 2014

TG is terribly uninspired

Or am I merely uninspiring? I am hoping it is the former but have a (not so) secret fear that it is the former. And, that my friends, just will not do.

It is similar to the statement that clothing, cars and bank accounts don't matter in the long run but having been important in the life of a child is what counts. I don't crave importance or recognition from what I say in the blog but I do wonder and worry about whether is makes a difference to anyone reading it. For equally vain reasons, I want what I say to resonate. Or inspire. Or create questions. I want for someone, somewhere to be a bit better after reading something I wrote. And that is because I believe much of my turmoil could have been eased by an "Aha" moment or two. 

By the same token, what do I really have to share? Funny stories of being incarcerated? Yep, got those in abundance. And really, they ARE funny and no, I am not being self depreciating, just finding the humor in an otherwise dreary 13 months. I have empathy for those who have been physically abused and "war" stories I can share if it helps anyone not feel alone. I have PLENTY of stories about surviving mental illness - some funny, some sad, all with a lesson, all willing to be shared even if it just helps one person, one time. And broken heart stories? If I had a nickel for every time my poor little heart was stitched back together I would be a rich woman. A. REALLY. RICH. WOMAN. I am not sure those make me unique though? Maybe the combination of them: felonious birth mother afflicted with major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder at your service - oh, and, obese, she is really quite fat! does make me special in some way?

I'd much rather be special for different reasons. I want to be special because I created positive change; because I am a survivor and a good friend. I want to be special for the reasons we each do: because we ARE special. And this is something which I need to remember, that while I am one of many, I am a very special one. And it is okay to be uninspiring sometimes and to be just who I am.


1 comment: