Tuesday, May 20, 2014

TG celebrates!

Today is one of my favorite days... it is my younger son's birthday! Maximo Francis De la Cruz made his debut to the world at 3:10 a.m. on Tuesday, May 20, 1997. He weighed just under 8 pounds (7 pounds 15 3/4 oz) and was 21 inches long. His dad and I, his Nana and his beloved Tia were there to welcome him.

Max will get gifts and cake and we will celebrate him today but the real gift is him and I, the recipient. I am blessed by his "old soul" and cheerful attitude. He is empathetic and kind, intuitive and smart and he has an amazing work ethic. He is protective of those he loves and cares very much about doing the right thing, about making a difference. Max is affectionate and incredibly patient with his goofy mother. I call him my "son"shine and treasure every moment with him. I cannot believe he has blessed us for 17 years, I cannot wait to see how amazing the next 17 X 17 years will be.

I love you, Max. You are truly my pride and joy and I am so glad I was chosen to be your mom. I love having this day to celebrate wonderful you!

5 months old with Aunt Linda

His first fish, Spring 2008
15th birthday, 2012



2 comments:

  1. Max is so precious. So sorry I missed his Birthday. A BIG belated Happy Birthday hug to him for me. <3

    ReplyDelete