Friday, July 22, 2011

TG tries to understand politics

For those of you that know TG - even tangentially through FaceBook or a friend of a friend - you know TG is liberal. VERY liberal. So far left leaning she might fall off the face of the earth liberal. And she stands by that. TG believes we should share (if you have four apples and I have one and Susie has none than we each should have 1 1/3 thank you very much!), that we should follow the golden rule (don't call me names and embarrass me publicly because you wouldn't like it done to you), that we are stronger as a group than we are individually (if we hold hands and move together we will move faster and farther), and - finally - we all have the choice to do any or some or none of the aforementioned and, even if we disagree, we do not have the right to take someone else's choice from them.

I know that not everyone agrees. Some people will share slices of their apple but not the whole one. Some people don't always say nice things despite bristling when not so nice things are said about them. And some people would rather tread water alone than swim with a group because at lest then they know into what they are getting. I can see their point - "I worked hard for my apple!", "Pointing out another's failings is educational!", "If I fail at least I have no one to blame but myself!" - even if I disagree with the message. I cannot however see why one opinion or view is better than another.

I truly would love feed back about this.  If you are conservative are you socially conservative? Fiscally conservative? Does it boil down to the hot button or right to life? If you are liberal are there areas you find yourself thinking more conservatively about? Does having children change your politics? TG wants to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment